Acronis is uniquely poised to enable their extensive, global network of MSP partners to offer MDR services
The latest Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud release further democratizes advanced security solutions with effective protection for data, applications, and systems under one centralized platform.
Live from their annual #CyberFit Summit, Acronis, the global leader in Cyber Protection, recently introduced its new product, Acronis Advanced Security + EDR (Endpoint Detection & Research) for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. Advanced Security + EDR delivers an innovative approach to effective threat detection, containment, and remediation by reducing the complexity present in other EDR solutions.
Following industry-established standards and mapping to the MITRE ATT&CK® framework, Acronis Advanced Security + EDR simplifies the complex solutions required to keep pace with today’s sophisticated threat landscape. It does this by leveraging its unified platform approach which allows IT teams to detect and understand advanced attacks, and then recover rapidly using features like attack-specific, one-click rollback, according to a company spokesperson.
By correlating events, analyzing attack chains and presenting human-friendly, guided interpretations, companies dramatically reduce the time-tax on highly specialized (and expensive) security analysts and the time-to-remediate (TTR) for business operations, he continued.
Innovative DLP product
This announcement follows a string of developments from the company starting with the reveal of their innovative, behavioral-based DLP product at RSA Conference 2022 held in June in San Francisco, and more recently, their earned ‘Approved Badge from AV-TEST’ for Corporate Endpoint Protection on macOS.
“Acronis has been a great fit for us for solid endpoint protection,” affirmed Dave Millier, CSO, Quick Intelligence. “The single agent playing double-duty was a key deciding factor in choosing to go with Acronis. We are super excited to see that EDR is coming to that same agent as it will help us take our customer’s cyber protection to the next level, without having to rely on another vendor and another agent. Acronis just keeps innovating and we keep benefiting,” he added.
Acronis Advanced Security + EDR is part of the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud platform that enables businesses and their Service Providers to deliver holistic protection across the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework Core. This new entry adds to Acronis cyber defenses with:
- ML-driven event correlation and interpretation with attack chain visibility mapped to the MITRE ATT&CK®.
- Integrated response capabilities including one-click, attack-specific rollbacks.
- The ability to investigate, remediate, recover, and close security gaps integrated with more features across the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud platform.
- Reduced complexity and cost via rapid turn-up via the single Acronis console and unified agent offering advanced security at just a click away, without deploying more agents or the operational challenges of integration with disparate, third-party products.
In addition to its innovative approach to ensure all businesses have more access to sophisticated technologies for better protection, Acronis is uniquely poised to enable their extensive, global network of Managed Service Provider Partners (MSPs) to offer MDR (Managed Detection & Response) services to down-market clients at healthy margins and compelling client price points while avoiding the high-end, licensing costs and MDR competition for their clients from pure-play security vendors
“Since the protection is well priced and the performance is good, we are extending Acronis more and more among our customers since it offers with just one agent practically every service available – which is a beautiful thing, especially for us MSPs. We are excited about EDR,” asserted Marco Monaco, Acronis Partner and Italian Managed Service Provider, MEGABIT.
According to the August Acronis Cyber Protection Operation Centres Report, global ransomware damages are estimated to exceed US$ 30bn by 2023. Ransomware continues to be the number one threat to large and medium-sized businesses. Acronis is putting a large dent in the success of ransomware attacks with its holistic, NIST-approach to business continuity, and in the number of phishing, malware, and advanced attack URLs, blocking 21mn URLs on endpoints in Q2-2022 alone.
“EDR technology is an essential addition to any cybersecurity stance,” noted Candid Wüest, VP, Acronis Research. “For example, we know that previously unknown zero-day exploits account for 80% of breaches. We are facing this down by focusing on real-world security and business outcomes for our customers and partners as our top priority with fast and easy remediation being of the utmost importance,” he continued.
The Acronis Advanced Security + EDR early access programme will be available in December for Acronis partners and generally available in Q1-2023.
Highlights of the recently concluded annual #CyberFit Summit 2022, Acronis, held at the prestigious Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami, Florida, USA from 7 to 9 November, included a welcome address by Patrick Pulvermueller, CEO, Acronis, and keynote addresses by Judge Louis Freeh, the former FBI Director, and currently Vice Chair and Managing Director, AlixPartners, and Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson, Basketball legend and entrepreneur.
The Acronis mega event was attended by over 400 delegates comprising senior personnel and the company’s top brass, associate, MSPs (Managed Service Partners) from around the globe and international media.
BOX OUT 1
Acronis Facts & Accomplishments:
- Recently raised US$ 250mn at US$ 3.5bn valuation.
- Working with over 20,000 partners, 750,000 businesses, in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
- Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees in 34 locations in 19 countries.
- More than 5.5 million home users trust Acronis solutions.
- Acronis works with over 30 sports organizations around the globe.
- Almost 3 million workloads protected.
- Over 60 new technical innovations in the last 12 months.
- Stopped over 100,000,000 cyber-attacks in 2022.
- Acronis has opened over 11 schools and 4 computer classrooms through the Acronis Cyber Foundation.
- Acronis empowers IT teams with cyber protection solutions built for today and the future.
- The digital world drives constant innovation and data growth that demands easy, efficient and secure cyber protection. Acronis Cyber Protection Solutions protect all data, applications and systems wherever they are.
BOX OUT 2
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,200 employees in 40 locations in 19 countries. Acronis Cyber Protect solution is available in 26 languages in over 150 countries and is used by over 20,000 service providers to protect over 750,000 businesses, according to company sources.